1. WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED? We live between Orillia, ON & Barrie, ON on a farm in the township of Oro-Medonte, but we are happy to travel to where you are!
2. CAN I GET A QUOTE? We would love to give you a quote! Just scroll up and click on the "Contact Us" tab at the top of this page. Select the type of session you are hoping to book, fill out the contact form and we'll get back to you within 1 business day with some more information!
3. DO I NEED A SECOND PHOTOGRAPHER? Great question! There are a few circumstances when we recommend hiring a second photographer. - You want coverage of the groom getting ready but the bride & groom are in different locations - You want two perspectives of the same moments. - You want extensive coverage of your guests. - Your ceremony is in a tight space or does not allow for the main photographer to move throughout the ceremony venue.
4. DO YOU KNOW HOW TO USE FLASH? YES! We use flash in circumstances when we feel we need a little extra help to create beautiful light for various moments throughout the day. Typically, the flash only comes out during the reception with exceptions if necessary. We are also currently investing in our flash education via online courses from some of the most knowledgeable flash experts in North America. 5. CAN I GET THE RAW FILES? We do not give out any raw files of any of our photos. In an effort to help you understand why, we equate it to asking a cake baker to bake a cake, hand it over, and allow your to decorate it yourself. The cake is his artwork just like our photos are our artwork.
6. WHAT IS YOUR STYLE OF PHOTOGRAPHY? Every photographer has their own style; it is sort of their signature for how their photos look. While we respect and love the way other photographer shoot and edit their photos, we pride ourselves on a bright, airy, colourful, soft style of photography. We also focus on capturing candid, real moments that show the true emotion of the moment. What you see on our website & social media will give you a good idea of what you will receive.
7. WHAT KIND OF EDITING DO YOU OFFER? Included with every session and wedding, we make adjustments to the following: Temperature + Tint, Exposure, Colors, Contrast, Lens Correction, Highlights + Shadows, Noise + Sharpness, & Cropping according to our style & discretion. If you require heavier editing done in photo shop, an extra fee will be applied.
8. TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PAYMENT METHODS & TERMS. We currently take Cash, Cheque, or E-transfer to email@example.com. For WEDDINGS, we require a 30% non-refundable deposit (along with a signed contract) at the time of booking to reserve your date. The next 30% is due at the consultation meeting 1 month before your wedding. The remainder will be invoiced the week after your wedding date and must be paid before we deliver the gallery. For PORTRAITS, we require a 30% non-refundable deposit (along with a signed contract) at the time of booking to reserve your date. The remainder will be invoiced after your session and must be paid before we deliver the gallery.
9. WE FEEL AWKWARD IN PHOTOS, WILL YOU GIVE US SOME DIRECTION? Absolutely! It is very normal to feel nervous or awkward in front of the camera. We do not expect you to know how to pose yourself, that is our job! All we ask of you is that you prepare yourself to have fun! We won't just simply ask you to smile, we make it our mission to actually make you smile and laugh because we all know real smiles are THE BEST. You might even forget about the camera for a while!
10. DO MY WEDDING VENDORS NEED A SEAT AT THE RECEPTION? How kind of you to ask! That would be great! We are with you all day long and don't typically have a chance to stop to eat lunch, so we do ask that you please provide us with a seat at your reception. Not only will it allow us to eat, it will also allow us to provide better coverage of the reception than if we were to eat somewhere else at the venue.
11. ARE YOU AVAILABLE FOR DESTINATION WEDDINGS? For sure! We would love to go on an adventure with you to capture your day! Contact us for a custom quote via our "BOOK US" page.
12. WHAT IS LIGHT PAINTING? It is basically what it sounds like! We paint with light using various types of light sources! We currently use light tubes (definitely looks like a light saber) and/or sparklers. It is a blast to do and creates incredible and unique images for our couples! If this is of interest to you, contact us and we'd love to talk about how to make it happen on your day!
13. WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY "CONSECUTIVE" HOURS OF PHOTOGRAPHY COVERAGE? Your package will include a certain number of hours coverage consecutively. Those hours are to be used from start to finish at one time. You have booked us for that time so you are able to spread those hours as you see fit.
We hope that we've been able to answer a lot of your questions! If you have any outstanding questions, feel free to reach out! We'd love to talk.
Everyone has a beautiful story, from the smallest moment to the most important, these stories are worth remembering. Let us tell your story in an authentic, elegant, and timeless manner to preserve those memories forever.